تاريخ التسجيل :  Mar 2012
 أخر زيارة : 03-01-2013 (09:52 PM)
 التقييم :  75
لوني المفضل : Cadetblue
شكراً: 0
تم شكره 40 مرة في 16 مشاركة
افتراضي  

Salaam Saad,

Jazakullahu Khair for being so, so helpful masha'Allah. Insha'Allah we all learn how to control and eventually cure this disease.

I remember you mentioning that you had a lot of your symptoms on your right side as well as double vision...my right side weakness that first occurred at the end of March has not completely resolved itself yet..ALhamdulillah, I quickly regained my ability to write well and walk without a noticeable limp after about 1.5 to 2 weeks. However, I still cannot run comfortably without a limp and have to wear closed shoes most of the time (I used to always wear slip on flat shoes but if I walk too long in them, my right foot is not flexible enough and they keep falling off).

A few days ago, my left eye felt uncomfortable and I had slight, slight double vision but it went away quickly Alhamdulillah.
.What kind of symptoms do you have now? And did they come at the same time as a cold, fever or infection?

This is a little off subject and I need to read more posts in this forum because it is probably already mentioned, but I heard that fake sugar used in diet drinks, gum, splenda, sweet and low, are dangerous for neurological health if they accumulate. I always, ALWAYS used to chew gum, maybe 3-4 pieces a day when I had it. I also used to love getting those zero or low calorie drinks like vitamin water. And whenever I made tea, I used to like using splenda because it dissolves faster and has no calories. So if any one is like I used to be, I suggest switching over to honey or regular sugar (which we shouuld limit any ways). For diabetic people, I heard there is a natural sweetener that is zero calorie called Stevia (one of the brands of Stevia is called Truvia but I think there are quite a few others out now...just look for the plant name Stevia).

I am also G6PD-deficient and recently read that it's not good for us to eat things that are high in sugar, or simple carbs (like enriched white flour) and menthol (found in gum and mints a lot of the time).

I also heard low cholesterol can damage nerves as well.

-Sister

رد مع اقتباس
3 أعضاء قالوا شكراً لـ أخت على المشاركة المفيدة: